Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Writing On The Doorposts





As I was trying to think of a title for my blog I began thinking of bible verses that are important to us as a family.  Immediately Deuteronomy 6: 4-9 came to my mind:


“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."


Kory and I have tried to always keep this verse in the forefront of our mind as we go about our life at home.  Kory especially has done such a great job of teaching Crider about God in everyday things of life.  Whether it be talking about who made the animals at the zoo or speaking about sin as we discipline him he truly does teach him diligently while sitting, walking, lying down, and when he rises.  I have recently started doing my personal bible study time while the kids are awake.  I know this seems crazy considering a lot of times I don't get that much accomplished.  However, my kids will grow up seeing that the bible is an important part of my life and I spend significant time studying it.  I of course also spend more quality time studying the word while they are in a nap but I also want them to actually see me reading the word as well.  You should see my precept study worksheets... they have scribbles all over a lot of the pages but I like it that way.  One day I will look back on those little scribbles and they will be precious reminders of days at home with my babies. 






So this is why I chose this title for my blog and hopefully this will be another way to write on the doorposts of our home.  To show the world that the Lord our God is one and that we love him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment